Last week I was lucky enough to attend a “My Favorite Things” Party last week. It was so much fun! I’m pretty sure these parties stemmed from Oprah with her annual favorite things giveaways way back when she had her own show. Each person was to bring their “favorite thing” times three, so three of the same thing. Gifts can range anywhere for $5 and up, but our host set the price at $10-$15.
We went around the room and introduced ourselves, how we knew the host, and why the item we brought was our favorite thing. I brought this amazing deodorant because it was the best I have ever used. When I am running late for an appointment or just about anything else and my day has already been filled with changing diapers, unpacking from our move, shopping and working out I don’t always have a minute to squeeze a shower in before I’m out the door again. My secret to smelling fresh is just an application of deodorant – all of a sudden the Rambo B.O. is GONE! It’s pretty amazing, not to mention aluminum free. It’s pricey but worth EVERY penny. Keep reading to find out how you can WIN your very own in our GIVEAWAY!
Everyone drew a number out of a basket and we took turns choosing one gift each to keep. No one could steal it! The following 2 rounds did allow for stealing of items twice before they were locked or no longer available to take (very similar to white elephant gift exchanges). This is when things got a little heated! I’m totally kidding, but EVERYONE wanted the deodorant I brought! The best part of the night was watching everyone steal things and then figure out how they would get their stolen items back! It was all in good fun, no hurt feelings, and I was so happy to get to know the ladies in my community a little better. I have been so impressed with how kind everyone is here in Texas. I never want to leave!!!
By the time the party ended everyone had three new favorite things. Our host asked everyone to write down what gift seemed to be the favorite of the night and guess what??? The deodorant took 1st place! She gave me a little prize for bringing it so I went home with 4 new things I love!
- This is one of the things i was really hoping to go home with. It got stolen from me, but in good Christian spirit I stole it back! Ha!!
- This is amazing for hair extensions and unlike a wet brush (which I love for hair extensions and normal hair) this makes your hair shine! It also came with this and I will say if you love menthol and glossy lips, it will soon be your favorite.
- I came home with this along another I was really hoping I’d get to keep. It’s the best invention ever!!!
Some other things I remember thinking were awesome but didn’t win were:
- These were so cute for Christmas.
- 2 people brought these, and I can’t wait to try it!
- A cozy blanket, similar here
- This is for the bath.
- This one smells so yummy and its my favorite.
- This one clears your sinuses and make your skin tingle for an hour after your use it!
- Makes your makeup go on like your airbrushed it.
- Speaking of airbrush, this is a photo finish for your face that I can’t wait to get my hands on.
- For all the bakers and chefs out there…you can never have enough of these.
- Evidently the Huffington Post had much to say about these. Someone brought them and kept them in the freezer while we played the game. She had a cute print-out of the item in a bag along with this.
- This will keep your car smelling nice with or without the stinky smelly soccer kids (or whatever else might be the cause!).
- Relax and soak in this after a long day (it was wrapped really cute with some exfoliating bath gloves, too).
- Gift cards to eat at a yummy, yummy restaurant like Cafe Rio.
- Cute leather earrings from a local designer (I cannot remember her name!), similar here.
Lora and I would love to invite all of you to enter our “Favorite Things Giveaway!” There are 3 ways to enter to win our favorite deodorant and we will announce 2 lucky winners on Friday evening!
Here are all of the ways you can enter:
- Through our Blog – Comment below and make sure you opt in for our exclusive newsletter! This can be found on the top right-hand side of the sidebar, or by clicking on the small envelope at the top right-hand side of our site (under the Instagram feed).
- Instagram – Find and Like our post about the giveaway on Instagram, follow our account, and tag 3 friends (in separate comments, more tags=more entries).
- Facebook – Find and Like our post about the giveaway on Facebook, Like our page, and tag 3 friends (in separate comments, more tags=more entries).
Good luck! xo, Tammy & Lora